In the ever-evolving world of cyber threats, it’s important to stay informed. While it’s impossible to account for every potential danger, here is a list of the top 9 and 1/2 cyber threats facing businesses today:
- Phishing – hackers use phishing emails to collect confidential information such as usernames and passwords.
- Malware – malicious software that can cause damage or theft of sensitive data.
- Ransomware – a form of malware that locks files on a computer until ransom is paid in exchange for their release.
- Unauthorised Access – when someone who isn’t authorised attempts to access or view confidential data or systems within an organisation, they are considered an unauthorised user.
- Denial of Service (DoS) Attacks – this type of attack jams up networks so services cannot be accessed by users as intended.
- System Hijacking – occurs when hackers gain control over a computer system by infiltrating it with malicious code or viruses without the owner’s knowledge or permission.
- Spoofing – masquerading as another individual or business entity in order to commit fraud or gain access to information without authorisation from the legitimate entity involved.
- SQL Injection Attacks – hackers attempt to inject malicious code into a vulnerable website’s databases in order to gain unauthorised access to confidential information stored there.
- Social Engineering Attacks – using psychological manipulation techniques such as phishing emails that appear to come from legitimate sources in order to trick users into disclosing confidential information or taking an action that may harm the system, such as downloading malware onto their computers unknowingly
9 ½ Cryptojacking– hijacking other people’s computers to mine cryptocurrency without their knowledge, effectively stealing computing power from unsuspecting victims while making money off their electricity bills and performance slowdown due to cryptojacking activities taking place in the background.
The team at Boston Networks has the technology and services that you need to protect your business. As a Managed Security Services Provider we act as your company’s cybersecurity team. Contact us to find out how we can protect your organization.